Monday, March 14, 2011

3 Weeks Post-Op

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since surgery and I am doing about as well as should be expected.  Sitting in a hard chair is still a little tiresome for the left flank.  Probably due to residual swelling.  I'm walking with a cane, but not using it much, or at least trying to not put much weight on it.  When I walk without it I have a swagger, which I think is more fear than much else.  My PT thinks its more of a subconscious disconnection due to capping the surfaces with something that isn't bone.  There really isn't any pain with rest.  I do get some discomfort if I walk too long, or put too much energy into my exercises.  

I went to my kid's soccer practice tonight where they practiced with the North Eugene High Team and it was great for me since I didn't have to coach.  Also the kids are beginning to connect with the high schoolers where they will be next fall, so it was good all around.  I wanted so badly to get out there and play, but stood on the side with my cane and did my simple dance steps to work the new hip.  With time I might be out there again, but I might not and that's just the way it goes.  Even if I do no. 2 this fall, I will have a solid 1.5 years from now before playing an impact sport like soccer.  With the 1.5 years since I've played, that will be 3 years without playing.  A lot changes in 3 years and I've lost any drive to play soccer with people who are super aggressive and rough. It's sad because a lot of those people are 50 years old, 10 years older than me and they still don't understand what's important in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment